BetOnline Poker was launched in 2004 but has been in the spotlight since 2011 with the poker room added to the Action Poker Network, which was then renamed the Chico Poker Network. BetOnline Poker is one of the US friendly poker rooms on the network and claims to be the third largest site to accept U.S. players. It is not difficult to find some action at the tables since there are over 2,000 players online at any given time. No Limit Texas Hold’em and Omaha are the most popular formats with more focus on low stake games.
US players welcome
Fast poker client
Free download for PC and Mac
Soft games and tournaments
Buy-ins to suit every level of player
Plenty of ring game action
Wide variety of deposit options
Software and Graphics
BetOnline Poker software features a clean and simple interface with a lobby that is easy to navigate so that players can find cash games or tournaments quickly and easily. The software does not take up much resources while there are downloadable versions for both PCs and Macs. Multi-tabling is smooth even on low bandwidth. Players can re-size and play multiple tables without the slightest glitch. The software also has all the standard features such as Hand History, toggle between room styles, and more. While the client isn’t flashy it is most responsive. The table graphics are average which is made up for by the software in speed. In addition to a slider, there are buttons for ¼, ½, ¾, and full pot bets.
BetOnline has a decent spread of games even though it may not compare with some of the industry’s top sites. There are plenty of no-limit, pot limit, and limit action with stakes in some games as high as $5/$10. Fans of Texas Hold’em are well served especially in micro No Limit games where there is action up to ½ blinds. Pot Limit Omaha and Hi Lo tables are also popular, running up to $1.50/$3. Lower limit tables in Seven Card Stud and Five Card Stud are also frequented. What is a great change is the fact that you don’t have to table select as much as some of the other sites. Another advantage is that there are spots for every buy-in level at BetOnline. The competition is soft, which presents many opportunities for experienced players to profit.
Tournaments and Freerolls
The online poker room features plenty of tournaments with loads of micro and low buy-in events. However, there is much to keep the average grinder busy. While there are many low stake tournaments BetOnline does offer $250,000 in guarantees distributed over several tournaments played in the same month. The $10,000.00 GT series runs every Saturday and Sunday night with a $20 buy-in.
The online poker room hosts Freeroll satellites on Fridays where the top 100 players gain entry to Sit & Go satellites that run daily for the $25,000 GT held every month. Players can also buy-in directly into the tournament for $55 + $5. BetOnline also offers several MTT Face-off Tournaments with prize pools from $500 to $2,000.
Bonuses and Promotions
Currently, BetOnline Poker offers a 200% welcome bonus for the first time depositor. Players who make a first deposit of $50 or more will receive a 200% match bonus up to $1,000. The bonus is released in five increments. The first 10% is released after a player rakes 30.3% while the next 20% of the bonus is released after 99.27% of the bonus amount is raked. When 220.4% of the bonus is paid in rake, the poker room will release 40% of the remaining bonus while the next 60% is released on raking 402.3% of the bonus. The final bonus amount is cleared when a player rakes 652.3% of the bonus.
BetOnline offers a bonus of $40 in its 4 of a Kind's Challenge. Players who receive 4 of a Kind in any real money Texas Hold’em ring games on days when the poker software displays a message will receive $10 in cash as long as both hole cards have been used.
Banking and Security
BetOnline offers convenient banking methods to suit both US as well as international players. US players can deposit money via credit and debit cards, gift cards, Western Union and Moneygram. They can request cash outs via check, Western Union and Moneygram. Members from other countries have a choice of eWallets such as Neteller and Skrill, in addition to Person to Person, bank wire transfer, check, Diners Club, JCB, Book to Book and Visa Person to Person, to name a few. Many of these options are also available for withdrawals.
Customer Service and Support
BetOnline offers customer support through phone and email. For a quicker response players can make use of the live chat facility from the software client. You can expect queries via any mode to be answered promptly in most cases.